Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Bunny Boo Boo and Tilda with Hearts

I am finally getting to use some of the images I have already finished, getting them made up into cards.  I am grateful that the terrible flare of neck pain that I have been dealing with of late has still allowed me some time to create, although not as much as I wish.

First card:  Bunny Boo Boo
Recipe:
Stamp:  Stampabilities (House Mouse/Happy Hoppers) Bunny Boo Boo HMOR1035.
Cardstock:  Bazzill.  Green is Guacamole.  Yellow is African Daisy.
DP:  Recollections Monkeying Around line, in "Button Up".  The inside has the coordinating green dot called "Banana Leaf".
Ribbon:  Celebrate It Basic Narrows.
Embellishment:  Recollections Dimensional Stickers.  I may change this as I am finding the blue jarring.
Colored pencils:  Prismacolor and Derwent with turpenoid and blending stump.  I used about 10 different shades of green in the grass, and the turpenoid blended them all beautifully.  Great stuff.
Chalk:  Pebbles Pearlescent in Shimmers.

This card will go to the woman who does the general cleaning here at the apartment building where I live (for the company which owns the building, not the residents, although she did help out many since this is a senior/disabled complex).  She had a stroke a little over a week ago and many of my card friends have offered to send her a shower of cards.  I am sure this will cheer her as she readies herself for carotid artery surgery.

Second card:  Tilda with Hearts.

Recipe:
Stamp:  Magnolia - Tilda with Hearts.  You can purchase this and other Magnolia stamps from Diana at Magnolia-licious.   Click this link to get to her store:
DP:  From a card making kit I won at a craft show.  This is called "Handmade Cards" by Anne Akers Johnson.
Cardstock:  Bazzill Feather Boa; Basic Grey Bittersweet in Truffle; K & Co. Smitten tablet.
Flourish:  American Crafts Baby in Miss Muffet cut with Sizzix Decorative Accents die.  (This American Crafts Baby/Miss Muffet is a lovely paper, 8-1/2 x 11, solid brown on one side, with the other side being pink with tiny polkadots.  I got it at Michael's.
Paper lace:  K & Co. Smitten, 12 x 12 pad of Valentine's paper, cut with Fiskars Heart edge punch. 
Embellishment:  Recollections Pearl Stickers. 
Glitter pen:  Sakura Gelly Roll Stardust in Pink Star was used on the cookies, Tilda's hairband and on the hearts on her shoes, but is not showing up very well.  Sakura Gelly Roll Stardust in Clear was used over the silver pencil on her wings.
White opaque pen:  Inkssentials Opaque Pen in white (Tilda's cheek dots).
Sentiment:  Inkadinkadoo Personal Impressions, Tattoo Expressions which I curved a little as I put it on the acrylic block.  It is stamped with Palette in brown but I need to get a darker brown stamp pad.
Colored pencils:  Prismacolor and Derwent with turpenoid and blending stumps.
Chalk:  Pebbles Pearlescent in Shimmers.

While this is the second Magnolia card I have made, it is the first that made it to the scanner.  I had made a Christmas themed one for the Christmas All Year Round blog hop, but before it could get scanned, I accidentally overturned a cup of tea all over it, so I could not join in on the blog hop.  Next time, I hope.  For this card, I used the Roses on Paper Challenge sketch #30 as a jumping off point, but did not follow it exactly.  Therefore I can't enter this card in the challenge.  Here is the sketch,  That horizontal band of hearts is reminding me of a pink ribbon I saw somewhere - now where was that?????

Card count:  13/365

15 comments:

Payne Holler Cards said...

your cards are adorable! love that bunny image (have so many friends sick with this head cold thing going around) and always love Tilda! your coloring is wonderful!

specialcraftmom4 said...

LOVE your cards! I especially love the sweet Happy Hoppers stamp you used on the first card (:

Peggie said...

Both are so pretty. Your sick friend will get well so much faster because of the cards, I'm sure. Tilda is great in the pinks and browns.

Karen said...

Nancy- I lvoe both of you cards! I just may have to check out some house mouse stamps, they are just too cute!!

Sue from Oregon said...

oh darling cards...I have always had my eye on this HM stamp...you are making it hard to resist! LOL

Cindy said...

Two cute cards!!! I love House Mouse!!
Tilda is a cutie too! Great job!

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

both of your cards are fantastic!!!! The coloring on that bunny is awesome. Thanks for joining our house mouse and friends blog hop!!!

Christine Riley said...

What adorable cards, Nancy, I love them both!
Hugs, Christine

Gina Lindsay said...

Very cute cards. I hope your friend is recovering. I know that cute little card will make her feel better.

Susie M. said...

Awwww....these are so sweet nancy. Your coloring is just fabulous!

The Wired Angel said...

Darling card Nancy - I'm the lady will be thrilled to have such a sweet card.

Sara said...

What adorable cards, love the house mouse!!!

Cathy Clark said...

Nancy,
Your work is so sweet! Love your blog too!
Can't wait to get to know you better and "play" on Design DIVAS!

ThePurplePlace said...

Nancy you card is adorable! They are ALL wonderful and your coloring on the House Mouse Stamps is excellent! :)

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

both of these cards are great! I love that little bunny in the basket. so cute!!!!