Saturday, January 16, 2010

Make a Wish

Am I on a roll or what?  I colored several images and have started to assemble them into cards.  This first one is a birthday card for someone who lives here in the apartment building, and since her birthday is today, I had best get it delivered. Thanks for looking.  Here is what I used:

Stamp:  Make a Wish 02, House Mouse/Stampabilities - HMGR1011.
Pencils:  Prismacolor and Derwent, blending stump, turpenoid.
Cardstock, solid:  K & Co., Marcella Well-worn solid mat deck.
Print cardstock:  source unknown but I love it.  Wish I had more.
Flowers:  Prima Pixie Tin, Bella.  A word to the wise - it is very hard to get a good scan with flowers that have raised centers, especially when you put them on with foam dots!  (the shadow on the card is because of this).
Glitter:  Stickles in Baby Blue (on the icing) and Frosted Lace (on the candle).
Cuttlebug folder:  Happy Birthday (Joyeux Anniversaire).  I also ran a sheet of the olive through this folder as a greeting for the inside, just adding a tag for my signature.  On the envelope I used the Cuttlebug Celebration Stamps and die that came with the machine, and since I am hand delivering the card, I put them where you would put a stamp on the envelope.
Chalk:  Pebbles Pearlescent in Shimmers. 


I didn't get the others finished that I had hoped, but maybe tomorrow.  The recipient of the above card called me the minute she got it.  First she said "Thank you" and then she said "Please tell me how to make these".  That was as wonderful as the "thank you"!

Card count:  6/365

14 comments:

Candy said...

What a cute image! I don't believe I have seen this one before :o)
I am thrilled your friend loved the card so much. You did a beautiful job of it. Now maybe you can teach her and the two of you can be buddies working together...
Hugs, Candy

specialcraftmom4 said...

Oh this is one of my favorite birthday stamps from HM! So glad you are House Mouse fan too! Welcome to our Divas group (:

Gina Lindsay said...

Welcome to the Designing DIVAS group! I just love all the House Mouse images and you did a great job with them.

Christine Riley said...

Oh my goodness, this is so sweet! I just love the layout and your coloring. Too cute! :)
Hugs, Christine

Sue from Oregon said...

I love this image and w hen you sponge around the edges like that, it really adds dimension!

Sheri said...

Oh this is so precious! I love the House Meece and you've really done such a fantastic job on this card!

Susie M. said...

Awwww...what a sweet card. I just love the HM images. :)

Cindy said...

What an adorable card!! I just love House Mouse!!
Wonderful layout!!

Payne Holler Cards said...

love this one from HM! just adorable coloring! WELCOME to the DIVAs...(:

cabio's craft corner said...

So an adorable and cute. Thanks for sharing this cheerful card!
Hugs,
Cabio

Dru said...

Very cute - love HM images. Welcome to the D Divas!!

Peggie said...

Love the house mouse card images. Love the way you did the cupcake. Great job.

Unknown said...

Welcome to the Divas, Nancy. I love all your House Mouse cards.

Vicki said...

Such a cute card, Nancy! I know your friend loved it! Welcome to the DIVAS! Lots of inspiration!! Blessings to you!