Thursday, January 14, 2010

Baby Card

Last week, on the Magnolia-licious group, we learned from Willeke that she had just become grandmother to a very premature baby boy.  I asked if it would be okay if I sent a card to the baby's parents and she said "yes".   I went through my images, and found this one, colored it last night and assembled the card this morning, when I had better light (I really must get another Ott Lite).   I hope you like it.  I am definitely starting to see a pattern here with my colors - soft and muted, harkening back to the days of Color Me Beautiful and color analysis.  Yes, I am a soft summer. 

Stamp:  House Mouse/Stampabilities, Baby Shoes 02 HMIR1006
Coloring:  Prismacolor and Derwent colored pencils, blending pen (National    Colored Pencil Blender).
Cardstock:  Bazzill Basic cut and embossed with Spellbinders Nestabilities in Classic Scalloped Squares, Large.
Chalk:  Pebbles Pearlescent in Shimmers. 
DP:  Source unknown, in gift package from paper crafting friend.
Bling:  Source unknown, in same gift package as DP.
Letters:  Part of a pack of designer papers purchased two years ago, company forgotten.  They show up better on the card than they do in this photo, sorry.



This will be on its way to the Netherlands tomorrow.
Card count:  4/365

8 comments:

Candy said...

Nancy - your card is wonderful.
I know Willeke and her daughter and family will really appreciate this loving gesture from you. Such a sad situation there.
Love your soft muted coloures - perfect for a baby card :o)
Hugs, Candy

LindaC said...

That is so sweet. I am sure they will be very happy to get it. It is so nice of you to do this for them. Thanks for sharing. LindaC

Karen said...

All your cards are great!!! Love all your mouse stamps!! : )

Patty said...

Oh that is just adorable! Great job Nancy!

Sue from Oregon said...

This is so cute!!!

Jax said...

Oh wow, what an adorable card. Jax

Anonymous said...

Aww that's a lovely card and such a sweet gesture

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

Nancy thank you for your much love you leave in my blog I see you lol!! I could of sworn i was following you???hmmm I think i confused you with someone else?? oh well im a follower :) Your cards are gorgeous!!! this one is adorable awhhhh very soft and very generous of you.They will love it. I'll come and visit again.RubyM:)