Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tweet Kisses - again

Another House Mouse card - using the same sketch as the previous post, but this one is for an exchange on the House Mouse group.   I like everything about the card except the color of the flowers that I used.  I am thinking now it should have been closer in color to the violets between the mouse and the bird.  I have purple flowers but none that color.  From now on I must remember to check my flower stash before I color in an image!  The feathers, however, I think work well.  I had pearls in that area first and they did not work at all.  I love the DP and wish I had gotten more than one sheet of it.

Maybe it is that I am not as comfortable putting flowers on the HM images as I am on the Magnolia images.  The Maggies just seem to take to all sorts of bling.




I love doing the inside of the cards also. The feather made this one a lot of fun!

Recipe:
Image:  Tweet Kisses, House Mouse HMJR1035
Other stamps:  Swirl stamp - Kolette Hall for Studio G; Sentiment - Boxes Wishes, Inkadinkadoo
Card base:  DCWV Sorbet Stack
Ink:  K & Co (blue)
Cardstock/solid:  DCWV Brights stack
DP:  Prima Stone Rose Collection, Muuirfield
Flowers:  Prima Got Flowers; Recollections Boutique Fleur
Ribbon:  American Crafts Elements, Popsicle Collection
Nesties:  Classic Scalloped Squares, Large; Classic Scalloped Rectangles, Small.
Chalk:  Pebbles Pearlescent Chalks, Shimmers
Misc:  Stickles - Crystal; Gelly Roll - Clear Star; Feathers - Touch of Nature;  Embossing powder - A la mode in Clear; Glossy Accents.

Thanks for stopping by.  Your comments are always appreciated.

Card count:  20/365

20 comments:

Danni said...

Love this!! The feather adds so much to the feel of the card! Great job!

Nancy said...

Danni, thank you. I cannot sent email through AOL or gmail so had to take this route to thank you for your kind comment.

Sparkly Engineer said...

I love the feathers. I never thought of adding them to a card before. I like the flowers too. Very pretty card.

Card Crazy said...

Love it. Blue is my favorite color and you've made it so adorable.
Sue S.

Anonymous said...

awwww... lovely card Nancy!
Pam Going Postal

Billie's Scrappetique said...

Love all of it, Nancy!!

Jax said...

Oh soo cute - i love what you did with this image, thanks for inspiration my friend. Luv Jax

Jax said...

Just love what you did with this image, thanks for the inspiration my friend

Sheri said...

Oh Nancy! I love these colors! So beautiful!

Silvie Z said...

Hi Nancy! What a darling card! The image is so sweet and you colored it beautifully! And I love the blue color of your card, it looks awesome!!! Very pretty card!
Hugs,
Silvie from France

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

beautiful card!!! I love the colors and you're right the feather is really fun!

Vivi Casale said...

very pretty card!!!
love the feather!! and DP too!
xxx
Vivi

Jane H said...

Oh nancy this is just beautiful I would never figure out how to use a feather...you do the most amazing work.

Janiel/ janny said...

Hello Nancy, What a BEAUTIFUL card!! I love the fine little details!! WONDERFUL!!! That image is adorable..
hugs, Janiel

Eulanda said...

Dang lady!! This is beautiful!! I especially like that feather and I don't think you picked the wrong colors of flowers. I'm just loving that you added some sparkle too!! Gorgeous!! Great layout! Hugs!

scrappinpeg said...

Awe what a cutie this little house mouse card is. I love your color and coloring. Just beautiful!

Peggie said...

Lovely card. The feather is such a great addition to this design.

Cindy (Stamp With Me Cindy G/Stamping Therapy) said...

So Pretty! Love the feather and the dramatic colors.

Unknown said...

This is so cute! I love the feathers.

Janie Printz said...

This is soooo darn TWEET !!! Great idea to put a feather on there, it looks great. Beautiful colors & just plain super card.
Janie