Friday, August 6, 2010

New House Mouse Card

It took longer to get a good photo of this card than it did to make it.  I have a low-end digital camera and I think it was tricked by the small dots and wanted to blur the background.  Finally, I had to resort to taking the card outside, fighting the breeze that kept the day from being stifling, and finally got a good photo.

I have been so busy with Magnolia cards that my House Mouse images have been gathering dust.  However, a friend on the House Mouse group had a birthday, which I missed, so I will be sending this card off to her.   Thanks for looking!



I had a hard time lining up the cupcake paper on the inside, and after wasting a sheet of this great paper, it dawned on me to cut the inside paper as one sheet, and then cut it at the fold in the card!  (It was very late and I was watching a movie - The Mission - while cutting the paper, not the best way to guarantee accuracy!)

Recipe:
Image:  House Mouse Make a Wish 02
Sketch:  House Mouse and Friends 7/19/10
Coloring:  Prismacolor and Derwent pencils with turpenoid and blending stumps; Pebbles Pearlescent Chalks in Shimmers.
Cardstock (brown dot):   DCWV Spring card stack (card base was part of a kit)
DP:  TPC Studios Sweet Celebration/Cupcakes Galore
Ribbon:  American Crafts Elements: Popsicle
Flower:  Prima Essentials No. 9 Watercolor Flowers/Lg
Sentiment:  Hero Arts Special Birthday #F456
Other:  Sewing machine, brad from stash
Bling:  Stickles Frosted Lace

Card count:  19/365







8 comments:

cabio's craft corner said...

Cute DP for this image and a lovely card :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Peggie said...

Cute image. Great dp to go with it.

Sheri said...

Very sweet! Love those little guys!

anaRy said...

These little guys are soo much fun! You did a great job!

Cindy (Stamp With Me Cindy G/Stamping Therapy) said...

So cute! Love the purple and the inside detailing is such a great touch.

Diane said...

Love your cupcake card, Nancy - perfect for your friend's birthday!
Diane x

Unknown said...

Hi Nancy...I love this little House Mouse stamp! Your card is beyond darling!! I can't believe you lined up the cupcake paper so perfectly! Love this card...it's YUMMY!! Pat Frank

Dru said...

What a cute card Nancy - I love HM!!