Tuesday, August 17, 2010

AWARD DAY

Tuesday, August 17, 2010




I received this lovely award from Mary Anne at her sparkly-train blog and am honored that she decided to pass this on to me.  Mary Anne is a special friend - one you meet online, may never meetin person , but you know that you are friends and always will be.
There are some conditions attached to this award, which I am more than happy to fulfill.

1. You need to thank the person who sent it.  Mary Anne, thank you from the bottom of my heart.  I am truly touched that you thought of me.

2. You need to post a favorite photo on your blog.
These beautiful ladies with dirty seats are my eldest granddaughter, Beth, on the left, and my daughter, Megan, on the right.  Yes, despite being mother and daughter, it is hard to tell them apart.

These handsome young men, taken a long time ago, are my two boys.  This was taken at the Phila. Zoo back in the early 80s.

3.  Capture the award and post it on your blog. 

4.  List three things you like about yourself :  a) I love my children, without reservation and always will, no matter what; b) I honor my friends and cherish their friendship; c)  I have loved and been devoted to rescue dogs.

5.  Choose five blogs with which to share this award.  Like Mary Anne, I follow a lot of blogs and this is really a hard one.  I will say that I have perhaps gone with the blogs I follow the most and from which I derive a great deal of inspiration.  That said, I cannot share this with Mary Anne since she sent it to me but would if I could.   I just cannot decide on 5, so I have added a sixth.  Keep in mind I follow over 100 blogs and am grateful to all of you for the inspiration you impart and the techniques you so generously share:

     1.  Eulanda S. Cards, Cards and More Cards.
           http://eulandasilvey.blogspot.com/
     2.  Suzanne Dean
           http://scrapbitz.blogspot.com/
      3.  Sue's Sentiments         
           http://suessentiments.com/wordpress
      4.  Bev R. All the Things I Love.
           http://bevscrafts.blogspot.com/
      5.  Angie - Scrap Girl
           http://scrapgirl-angie.blogspot.com/
      6.  Pam S.
           http://expressionswithheart.com/wordpress

Again, Mary Anne, thanks so much for sharing this award with me.  I am touched and honored.
          

17 comments:

Bev said...

Thanks so much for thinking of me Nancy and congrats on receiving the award. I love the photo - brilliant! x

Suzanne J Dean said...

Thank you so very much Nancy for choosing me for this award. You're so sweet and I love having you visit! Your girls do look like sisters not mother & daughter--too cute!

hugz,
Suzanne

Card Crazy said...

It's so nice to see this award truly being "Paid Forward". So many kind and generous folks sharing thoughtful moments.
Sue S.

Angie said...

Nancy,

First, I'm am so thrilled for you that you received your award. What an honor! And then, to think of me! Thank you so much!!! You are very kind and generous.

Hugz,

Angie

Susie M. said...

Awwww....thankyou nancy! and congratulations to you as well! you SO deserve it.You make me feel so special and I'm so proud to call you friend. I love the pictures of your family too! Beautiful. *HUGS*

Anonymous said...

Hi Nancy! So fun to read about you and what a fun award to receive! thanks so much for sharing!
Pam Going Postal

Sharon Caudle said...

A huge congrats to you for receiving this award, Nancy! You totally deserve it! And I'm very flattered and humbled that you would pass it on to me. Thank you so much! You are a true sweetheart!!
hugs!
Sharon

Myrna said...

Nancy
Congrats on your award.
I have looked over only a very few of your cards but they are lovely and I have become a follower so I can see more.
Myrna

Marjo said...

Hi Nancy,

Lovely blog, and I think you won Kellie's big blog candy..Congrats!

Hugs Marjo

Aunty Sue said...

Hi just popped by to say congrats on winning kellie winnell candy have a lovely day.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to congratulate you on your big win of stamps!!! At Kellie Winnell's blog.
http://www.kelliewinnell.com.au/?m=20100820

Ronda Archangelo said...

Wow, Nancy! Looks like this is your lucky week. I'm excited to see someone so talented (and lucky) living so close to me...I'm just down the road in DE and was so thrilled to see you won Kellie Winnell's blog candy. Lucky, lucky you!

Drop me a line sometime. We have lots in common :-)

Ronda

Susie said...

Congrats on winning Kellie's candy, you lucky thing!! Susie x

Unknown said...

Congrats to you, you lucky girl!!!!

Cathy Clark said...

Nancy,What a sweet, beautiful family you've got!!!

specialcraftmom4 said...

great pictures, thanks for sharing (:

My Inkie Fingers said...

Thanks for playing along for my Blog Candy. Good Luck!
Also thanks for the lovely comments =)