Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I figured out how to open an Etsy shop!

I don't have much to list but this is something I have wanted to do for a long time, mostly to sell quilting fabrics and kits I will never use.  My first listing was a kit for a dolphin quilt and includes the pattern and all the fabrics for the top.  I assembled all of this approximately 10 years ago, when my oldest granddaughter was into dolphins.  She is 18 now.  Need I say more?  I imagine her interests have shifted as she finishes her last year in high school.  So, it was time for someone else to enjoy the dolphin kit.  I listed two  Waverly decorator cottons that should fit a purpose for someone but the real piece de resistance is a vintage embroidery device that looks for all the world like an early punch needle contraption.  The instruction sheet lists the manufacturer/seller, located in Philadelphia, but at a time that predates the Post Office's use of two digit zones as part of an address (definitely pre 1943).  The patent pending date is 1918!  Everything seems original and only the top of the box is missing. 

I hated to list this little device but my space is so limited that I just do not have the room to display a lot of treasures.  Therefore, the dolls and books generally win the space wars.   I hope you will have a look at the listing to see if the "contraption" and its history might appeal to you. 




Here is the link for my shop:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/melrosemiss

2 comments:

Richard Cottrell said...

Nancy, Good luck on Etsy. I have been doing it for 3 or 4 months, and have done really pretty good. I find, just like in any shop, the more items you have the better you do. Also list some regularly so your site will get the attention it needs. Richard at My Old Historic House

Jackie Jardine said...

Very nice items, Nancy. Best of luck to you!