Friday, February 18, 2011

Blog Candy coming - STICKY POST

This is a Sticky Post which will remain at the top of my blog at least until February 18 to give me time to acquire the candy.  Please page down for newer posts.  Thanks!

Keep watching this spot because Blog Candy is coming.  My birthday is on February 16th and I will celebrate by posting blog candy.  Once I post it, I would love it if you would follow my blog and post the candy on your blog.  However, this is not mandatory.  I want you to follow because you want to follow, not just to win some blog candy. 

I am busily collecting the goodies for the candy at this time and can tell you only that it will include something from Magnolia-licious, donated by the wonderful and generous Diana Crick! 

Now, if you want a second chance at winning, then WOW me by making a card using the photo below as inspiration.  It was the only bright spot around during a recent snow storm and I love the lines of it, and the use of the sheet music.  I will state that the Magnolias are my favorite stamps but it is not mandatory that you use a Magnolia stamp.  

The 16th is not far away so be watching.  My youngest son's birthday is Valentine's Day and then mine is the 16th.  When I was married, our anniversary was February 12th, so it was always a big week!   This will be my first candy offering and I hope you will like it.

By the time I post the photo of the candy, I hope to figure out how to use the little frog linky to make this easier.  Don't sign up now for the candy, in the comment section, in case I can get the froggy working.  If I cannot, then I will ask you to leave a comment with your email address and a (1) or a (2) in parentheses, indicating the number of chances you have, based on whether or not you made a card.  Hope this photo isn't too difficult for inspiration.  Oh, you do not have to use Mardi-Gras colors. 



 

13 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Nancy!!! I've been thinking about you and was just going to ask on Frugal if anyone has heard from you. Did the flowers I sent you last fall ever get there? Everyone has been so worried about you! Hope you are feeling better!! : )

Nancy said...

Karen, send me a private email and I will fill you in, okay?

alethea said...

Hi nancy, just found you through TPS and am now a follower of your blog!! Look forward to seeing some of your creations and may try and make a card for your birthday celebrations!!

Karen said...

Tried responding to your note but I keep getting it sent back as failure. I love your word for the year....it's gotta mean things will get better. Take care and keep in touch if you can! {{Hugs}}

Dru said...

What a great inspiration piece - love all those vibrant colors mixed with sheet music. Hope your sprain is better real soon. Hugs, Dru

Dru said...

Hi Nancy - I must be a dork because I cannot figure out how to add that. I'll keep trying, however in the meantime you can click on the small orange square on your toolbar (mine is next to my "home" button) and that will deliver a feed under your favorites. I hope that makes sense. I'll keep trying on the other one, and thanks for asking.

Jackie Jardine said...

Hi Nancy. Thanks for following Let's Go Thrifting! I too suffer from fibromyalgia and arthritis, as well as tendonitis and degenerative disc disease. I'm 26 and feel about 100 some days. But it's nice to see other creative people out there overcoming chronic pain and fatigue. Good for you!

Terri said...

Hi Nancy,
I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.
I tried to answer your e-mail to me, but it will not deliver to your e-mail. Do you have another e-mail I can try?
Hugs,
Terri

Aleta said...

Thank you so very much for skipping by my blog. I tried replying to your note but the message kept bouncing back. To answer your question: Yes, I do design and make bears and a few bunnies here and there. I'm getting ready to post a few on my website within the next day or so. I hope you'll skip by there as well. Warmest bear hugs, Aleta

Angie Williams said...

Nancy! It is so good to see you back! Hope you are feeling good. I kept looking for updates on the DIVAs thread. Take care! I will be using your inspiration photo this weekend as it is just so wonderful! And PS... Hapy (late...) Birthday!!

PCovi said...

Well Happy birthday!
You asked about some fabric on my blog...it is an antique tea towel :)

Dru said...

Happy Birthday - your giveaway looks like fun!! Hugs, Dru

Cathy said...

Hi Nancy,

What a fun blog post. Thank you for the sweet comments on my Pink Saturday blog.

I hope you are having a great weekend.

HPS,

Cathy