Sunday, September 5, 2010

Magnolia with Vintage Roses

This card was made for the August "mingle" on the Magnolia-licious yahoo group.  I did not want to post the card until I knew it had been received. 

For this image, I used Magnolia with Vintage Roses, #3004.  This item is currently out of stock at Diana's Magnolia store but is on re-order.  I am sure Diana could give you an idea of when it is expected and you can contact her here

This is one of my favorite Magnolia images and I have used it many times.  For this "mingle", I made another easel card which I really love.  Someday I will make a stash of heavy envelopes for them.  Thanks for stopping by to see my card.  I am always appreciative of your kind comments.

RECIPE:
Stamp:  Magnolia with Vintage Roses, #3004; sentiment stamp - Hampton Art.
Coloring:  Prismacolor pencils with turpenoid.
Sketch:  Just Magnolia, week #66, by Bev Rochester
Paper:  DCWV Luxury Stack, 8 x 8
Cardstock:  DCWV Neutral Stack and Bazzill
Die:  Spellbinders Standard Circles, Large, and Classic Scalloped Squares, Large
Punches:  Martha Stewart Garden Trellis and Cedar Branch;  EK Success Rock Fern
Flowers:  Prima Tea Roses in Marshmallow, tinted with chalk; Iced Got Flowers in Rosy Red; Prima Flowers Spring Mix (buds)
Chalk:  Pebbles Pearlescent Chalks in Shimmers (used on large white flower)
Misc:  Making Memories Clear Gem Flower Brads;  Recollections Gemstone Brads;  Recollections Rhinestone stickers; Glossy Accents as adhesive; Gelly Roll in Clear Star.

CHALLENGES ENTERED:
Just Magnolia #71, Anything Goes
Paper Sundaes #34, Mixed Media
Your Next Stamp Challenge #23, Anything Goes

36 comments:

Cami said...

Your card is beautiful Nancy! I love that DCWV DP! Have a wonderful day! Cami

Rene said...

She is just beautiful!

Susie M. said...

This is beautiful nancy and I'm sure the recipient will be very pleased. :) I hope your health is doing better. *hugs*

Sharon Caudle said...

Absolutely beautiful, Nancy!!! I love the colors and your design is fabulous!!! Gorgeous work, hun!!
Hope you're enjoying your weekkend!
hugs, Sharon

Autumn said...

This is fabulous, I love the layout! YOu'd asked about my castle card and I wanted to get back to you. I actually own a circut and cut out all the pieces for it on that using the Once Upon A Princess cartridge. The brick paper I desigend on my Corel Paint Shop Photo program and I came up with the easel part through creative thinking. Thanks for stopping by and I hope I've answered your question. Have a great day!
xxAutumn

Sparkly Engineer said...

Wonderful card Nancy! You are one of the best when it comes to Magnolias. Lovely color choices and
gorgeous Tilda. Just love it to pieces.

Peggie said...

Very beautiful! Love the flowers.

Christine Riley said...

Gorgeous! Lovely paper and colors.
Hugs, Christine

Christine Riley said...

Gorgeous! Lovely paper and colors.
Hugs, Christine

Unknown said...

ooooh Nancy...what a beautiful card! I love the rich blues...and your coloring is just gorgeous! The roses are the perfect touch!!
Pat Frank

Unknown said...

Beautiful easel card!

LINDA W. said...

Great card...your coloring is great
HUGS Linda

Vivi Casale said...

Nancy, that is a very gorgeous card!! you did a great job!!!
xxx
Vivi

charlene said...

Nancy your card is just amazing I love everything about it ! Thanks so much for all the caring you put into making it for me !
Hugs♥

Dru said...

Really beautiful! Love all the papers, colors, adorable image, and all your wonderful details! Hugs, Dru

Cindy (Stamp With Me Cindy G/Stamping Therapy) said...

Just lovely. Love the blue and white colors your chose to go with the image.

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful! Love the gorgeous DP.

Pattie said...

Oh what a cute Tilda and I love all the flowers - great job on the challenge - thanks for playing along at Paper Sundaes!

Anonymous said...

pretty Nancy! Lovely Tilda coloring and designing! love how you tilted the square!
Pam Going Postal

Silvie Z said...

Hi Nancy! Absolutely gorgeous! Love the layout and the colors you chose! Really wonderful card!
Hugs,
Silvie from France

Dawny P said...

This is just wonderful chick. I LOVE those colours and that image is so sweet. Thank you for joining us at Just Magnolia. Hugs Dawny xxx

Eulanda said...

Ooooooh wow Nancy this is super pretty!! I love your flowers! You used a lot of layers (which I adore!) and that dp is very very pretty. Is this your first easel card?! Luuuv them!! Awwww I like how you colored her cheeks too. Wozers you really outdid yourself didn't you?!

Janiel/ janny said...

Oh Nacy, this is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the flowers and the papers are so pretty..
hugs, Janiel

Stampin Mindy said...

Such a cute Tilda, great card, love those flowers.

Thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia!

Hugs, Mindy

Unknown said...

Simply beautiful!

Christine said...

What a gorgeous easel card! Beautiful Tilda, and beautiful flowers! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow what a beautiful card Nancy!
hugs
kim x

cabio's craft corner said...

What a beautiful and elegant card!!! Those flowers are great touch and yet Tilda is so pretty :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Courtney said...

Oh my goodness! This is such a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us for Crazy Cute Thursdays at Between U & Me! Come again next week... :)

www.betweenuandme.com

Nana said...

Gorgeous, beautiful card!
Thank you for playing with "Paper Sundaes" and sorry for not being able to comment earlier.
hugs Nana

Maria said...

This is gorgeous Nancy! Love the layout and your colouring is wonderful. Hugs, Maria

Kim said...

Nancy this is adorable hun! What a gorgeous Tilda easel card!
Hugs~ Kim

Unknown said...

Very pretty card! Thanks for joining us at SSCC this challenge and would so love it if you were to mention our blog in your post. Hope to see you next time. Hugs!

scrappinpeg said...

wow this is so beautiful. Great job...

Terri said...

You have a lovely blog, and I love this card you made. I was able to get a better look by clicking on the photo. Your many layers make a gorgeous background. Well done!
Hugs,
Terri

scrappyella said...

Just beautiful. I see the passion/love you put into your work. Thanks for sharing