Monday, February 5, 2018

I need help with a song, please

I graduated from Melrose Academy high school in 1964.  At graduation, we sang a beautiful song entitled "These Things I Wish for You".  It was on an album by a group of nuns but the name of their order escapes me.  I can almost see the album cover - a group of nuns who seemed to be on tiers and I believe their habits were a medium blue.  I once owned the album but it did not come to me post-divorce so perhaps it was discarded.  The album came out around the same time as an album of an African Catholic Mass entitled "Missa Luba".

The best I can do is list the lyrics here, hoping someone will know the name of the album on which it appeared, or at least the group of nuns who sang it.  I have "googled" for hours, to no avail.  Lyrics as follows:

These things I wish for you:
These things to see you through:
Someone to walk beside you
When the night is cold.

May seven angels be near
While you sleep,
And may they say a prayer
As they guard, as they keep.

These things I wish for you:
One love, forever true, 
One dream of starlight silver, 
One of morning gold,

To shine upon your way,
Until you come one day,
To find these things I wish for you.  

Thank you very much.   Nancy


,


No comments: