Monday, January 31, 2011

Thanks, Eulanda. Friends are wonderful!

Aren't our card friends wonderful?  The last few months have been wretched - thus the reason for no posts from me.  I don't know why my asthma has chosen this point in my life to get so much worse,  but between the respiratory limitations and those inflicted by fibromyalgia and arthritis, some days (weeks, months) are just plain hard.  Often, in the midst of those lows in our lives, there comes a ray of sunshine and I have been blessed with some good friends.  One of those blessings came in the form of a card from my friend, Eulanda, in Canada, who never ceases to amaze me with her creations.

Since I follow her blog via email, she had sent me a note that I should not read her post for 1-13 when it came to my mailbox, so I did not (that was hard!).  A few days later, an envelope arrived with one of Eulanda's treasures and I just had to share it with you.  She used Babette/Wanna Dance from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps and what a fine job she has done with this stamp (but then she always does a fine job). 

As an aside, I was tickled when I won this stamp as part of Kellie's blog candy because my Dad used to own a nightclub in Atlantic City, NJ and it was called "Babettes".  I saw a club with this name on the boardwalk in the TV show "Boardwalk Empire" so I guess it pre-dated my Dad's ownership.

You can click the title of this posting to visit this entry on Eulanda's blog but to make things easier, I will post the card and her recipe here on my blog.  For more of the details, such as which sketch she used, and which challenge she followed, please visit her blog.  Eulanda, thanks so much for thinking of me during these times when health issues just get the best of me.   I will add the link here also:
http://eulandasilvey.blogspot.com/2011/01/dance-with-me.html  
While you are visiting that entry, be sure to look around at some of her other entries, including the lovely Tilda one she just added for Valentine's Day, using Goin' Dotty. 


Eulanda's recipe:
Stamps: Kraftin' Kimmie's "Babette"/Wanna Dance
Paper: Basic Grey "Marjolaine" paper
Embellishments: Tim Holtz's Trimmings - flowers (GORGEOUS!)
Punches: Misc feathers, brad is Basic Grey and Zva Creative adhesive pearlsInk: Copics
(My note - the butterflies may be a MS punch, as they look very familiar).

Thanks for stopping by.  Your visits and comments help make my day!

6 comments:

Cindy said...

What a wonderful friend!! The is really a cute card! Lots of details.
Hope you are finally feeling better!!!

JazzyH said...

Great friend! Beautiful card and I love all the layers.

Pattyskypants said...

Didn't know your dad owned a nightclub in AC!! Does that make you a "Jersey Girl"? SUPER card! Nancy, you are just so worth it! xxoo Patty

P.S. We are having a blizzard day. Governor declared a state of emergency yesterday before the snow started. SCHMART!!

Nancy said...

Patrice, I am glad you got a day off before it got nasty. We did not seem to get the overnight mess that was expected but the worst of it was to come tonight anyway. I am not going anywhere.

Nancy said...

Veronica, thank you for the offer but I cannot seem to save my banner. It is just a photo I took and used for my header and I do not seem to find a Save As when I right click on it. I tried to contact you but you do not have an available profile on Blogspot.

Darien said...

Hi Nancy, I want to Thank You for visiting my blog!!! Your comments made my day and my week!!! Your Blog Is Beautiful!!!!!! Im glad you visited me. Thank You so much!!!!!