Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

Just a quick post to say that I hope you had a wonderful Christmas Day, and that your travel, if any, was safe and without incident, especially considering the weather in the mid-West.  I cooked the turkey I had planned to cook for Thanksgiving (but could not lift because I hurt my hand/wrist), made stuffing, a veggie, and had cranberry sauce and shared with a neighbor.  Now the dishes remain but they can wait until tomorrow.  I stood long enough.  Tomorrow or Sunday I will make soup, and fill the freezer!  My best friend sent me a gorgeous handbag, lovely shades of brown and turquoise in a metallic fabric - now I need a place to go to be worthy of carrying it!  A doll friend sent me a lovely outfit she had made for Bleuette, a Jester costume, and I know one of the girls will look beautiful in it. 

We just surprised this same friend, who has had a terrible time of it these past few years, with a terrible neighbor who has destroyed property, threatened, etc.  After some pointed questions on the group, we discovered what she would consider an ideal Bleuette, and one of the doll artists kindly agreed to make one for us.  About 22 people contributed financially, and some even made some doll clothes for her.  The artist, Barbi Kantor-Goldenberg, does a superb job with every doll she paints, and this lovely doll was no exception.  She also made and embroidered her dress from a vintage hanky.  The package arrived two days ago but we made Phyllis wait until today to open.  Since she is visiting out of state, we have to wait until tomorrow to hear how surprised she was.  Never in a million years would she expect what we sent her and I am glad we were able to surprise her.  The doll is a reproduction SFBJ 60 8/0, and Barbi's version is superb.   The first photo is the outfit I received from Phyllis for Christmas.  The second photo is the doll we sent her.   

Another doll friend sent me some wonderful small gifts for my Hitty dolls.  A neighbor gave me a cute ceramin apple that held tasty strawberry candies, and I bought myself (with a 50% off coupon at Michael's) a Cuttlebug so I can emboss card backgrounds as well as do some die cutting.  Now if only someone would come and do the dishes!  What a present that would be.  Merry Christmas everyone.  Hope your day was wonderful. 











No comments: