Monday, February 8, 2010
This wonderful Blog award was given to me by Cindy, a co-member of S.C.S. Designing D.I.V.A.S. Please visit her blog HERE. I am to list 10 favorite things, and then pass the award on to some of my blog friends. Sounds like an easy thing to do! Cindy, thank you so much for thinking of me.
10 favorite things: (In no particular order).
1. My family which includes three grown children (1 girl and 2 boys) and 8 beautiful grandchildren. To my daughter Megan, please remember that "Pobody's Nerfect", especially Moms.
2. My faith, which provides great comfort and has kept me going in the dark times. This should include the influence of the Grey Nuns of the Sacred Heart on my life, through grade school, high school and college, and in the years since.
3. My friends, both old and new (this includes my doll and paper crafting friends!) You know who you are.
4. Chocolate, preferably dark, semi-sweet and with coconut, even better. For Zitner's Double Krak Easter eggs!
5. The absolute joy of being loved unconditionally by a dog: Snickers, Ripley and Zeke, and my daughter's chocolate lab, Bailey (all from my married days) , and then Tucker, Smokey and Flash, all Beagle/Bassett rescues, in the 10 years I have been on my own.
6. The audio-visual world that is available to us. Even though I hate the bill, thank you Comcast for all the wondering offerings on TV. Since being on my own, I hate the quiet, so the TV goes on the minute I get up and stays on until I head to bed. For my love of old time folk music - Peter, Paul and Mary; Joan Baez, Buffy Ste. Marie, Gordon Bok, etc. and 50s/60s rock and roll, for dancing on Bandstand, and hearing "The Geator with the Heater" play all the best music for us. Check out The Geator HERE.
7. My long-time love of the ocean and the shore (Jersey, of course). Even my three years on Maine, right on the bay. I even like the ocean during storms. It is beautiful and majestic. What is better than the smell of the salt in the air to tell you know you are getting near to the shore?
8. Lavender and vanilla. The lavender in body lotions and candles, the vanilla in just about everything. Yankee Candle makes a Lavender-Vanilla candle that is really yummy. Healing Garden makes a bedtime set of scent items that are vanilla and orange blossom scented. Fabulous!
9. For the dolls that have brought so much joy to my life: Ginny and Jill as a child, as well as Mary Hoyer, a love that has followed me into adulthood. Also, Bleuette and her sister Rosette. The joy of sewing their clothes by hand with vintage fabrics.
10. My beloved adoptive parents (real to me - just like the Velveteen Rabbit), both gone now but never gone from my heart. Thanks, Mom and Dad, for everything.
Here are the rules for the award:
1. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
2. List the person who gave you the award and provide a link to her blog.
3. List 10 things that make you happy.
4. Pass this award on to others and visit their blogs to let them know.
Here are the people that I have randomly picked:
1. Sue (scrubbybubbles) http://suessentiments.com/wordpress/
2. Kim http://kreativekim.blogspot.com/
3. Lauren http://lem-photography.blogspot.com/
4. Eulanda http://eulandasilvey.blogspot.com/
5. Lisa http://the-purple-place.blogspot.com/
6. Jacque http://jacquesmagnolias.blogspot.com/
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Two more House Mouse cards to share with you. I really have to get a few more Magnolia images made into cards as there are several challenges going on for Magnolia but I guess I find them a little scarier than the HM stamps. Hopefully that will change soon.
Stamp: HM (Stampabilities) HMLR1043, Birdie Choir.
Colored pencils: Derwent and Prismacolor with turpenoid and blending stump.
Cardstock/solid: Bazzill Basics in Guacamole and African Daisy/
DP: Floral: Martha Stewart tablet; plaid: HOTP/Paper Pizazz. Purple dot (mat behind stamped image) - came in a card kit.
Embellishment: Flower - Prima. Brad: Recollections. Gelly Roll Stardust pen in Silver Star on Prima flower and on stamped/colored purple flowers.
Stamp: HM (Stampabilities) HMJR1051, Spring Blossoms.
Cardstock/solid: Bazzill Bling in Feather Boa. Purple: from a card kit. Green: Bazzill Basics in Guacamole.
DP: Plaid is Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses in Village. Green floral is Making Memories Basic Papers from Chloe's Closet collection.
Embellishments: Flower: Sandylion sticker. Ribbon: American Crafts.
Card Count: 15/365